Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Life You Can Save

I just finished reading "The Life You Can Save" by Peter Singer. I did not so much read this book as I 'digested' it. There was a lot of thought provoking material there! The only problem is that it gets dry at times and he makes a point repeatedly. However, if you read a few pages a day, it makes you see things that we, in priviledged countries, take for granted, and how little everyone would have to give in order to change hunger and poverty in the world. Even though I belong to Bread For the World and contribute to Working Villages International, after reading that book I see how little I have been doing to change things in the world. I highly reccomend this book and "The End of Poverty" by Jeffry Sachs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment