Thursday, August 25, 2011

Book Review - Saint Peter Killed God



Saint Peter Killed God by K J Kron star star star star star 
This is one of the most thought provoking books that I have read in some time. Even though I am not Catholic, it makes me want to get out my bible and read the New Testament, to understand what Jesus was teaching. The author drew me in with the story of Peter, a priest who wakes up in a psychiatric hospital. Peter reads his diary, in which he wrote about himself as Saint Peter, and his plan to reform the church. The reader learns about Peter's life at the same time as Peter, who has amnesia and has to rely on his diary to tell him how he ended up in the hospital. All during the story, I wonder if Peter is insane or a visionary, and I like the way that the author lets the reader decide. A must read for anyone who wonders about religion or how our past shapes us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment